Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Wedding favor baskets for Faith


I received an order for baskets as a wedding favor and after discussing it with the client she decided on this pattern. It’s one of my mom’s designs and it was a pleasure making them for her. After corresponding via the post (sending the ribbons to her for the right colors and designs) we got cracking. It was a huge order, 120, in a matter of 3 weeks and that in the middle of winter!! The problem here is sun, as I starch my crochet goodies with glue, I needed a lot of sun and the warmer the better, but luckily we do not get rain in this time, so I was assured of sunshine very day, but not the warmth. But fate was on our side and they came out beautiful.
While they were drying and taking shape I made the little flowers and bows that was needed, believe me after making 240 of the same thing it started to become a challenge to stay focused and to concentrate.
 
 After 21 days of hard work they were done and they were delivered on time. It’s really heart warming when someone phone you and thank you in tears for the gifts you made for them. That’s what make me bit on my teeth when I don’t have the strength to go on. I hope that I will have the change to make more gifts for people that will make their special day more special.
I will post a pattern for these as soon as I have the time to write it, as I do them out of my head.
They are also for sale from our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment